Sunday 20 May 2007

Disclaimers

  • I am definitely not a gourmet, and wouldn't usually consider myself a foodie either. While I may have the odd occasion to indulge in fine dining, my tastes and budget typically run a lot simpler -- the subjects of this blog's entries would naturally follow suit... I am a guy who would be happy eating fried rice, or a pack of IndoMie Mi Goreng (instant noodles). Ironically these are not usually blogworthy foods, though one could raise a case for the mi goreng, which can be quite shiok!
  • I am self-confessedly quite ignorant about food - I just know what I like to eat, but usually precious little about the ingredients, preparation, cooking method, serving style, variations, or anything else verging on the technical.
  • This blog is not meant to be comprehensive in any way:
    1. I don't have the time, money, or company[1] to eat out on a very regular basis. Trying new places happens even less often. This places a limit on the number of venues I visit.
    2. I don't tend to travel for the sake of food, unless it's a special occasion or a place comes highly recommended, or I'm feeling adventurous. This places a limit on the location of venues I visit. Areas where I frequent (for home, work, and church) are Brisbane's southeast and inner west.
    3. I don't consume alcohol, so am unable to comment on the drinks side of any venues that may be licensed.
    4. I tend to eat a lot of Asian food (because that's what I grew up eating and it's what I like). This places a limit of sorts on the variety of cuisine I sample. Having said that, I am generally open to new tastes and experiences.
  • Unless otherwise specified, all opinions expressed are my own, and do not represent those of any other people/organisations. Quoting/paraphrasing opinions of dining companions may be done with lax citation habits.
  • All opinions expressed are opinions only, and may only be valid for specific or limited times/circumstances (eg during my particular visit). You don't have to agree with them, trust or believe them. If you wish to objectively correct a factual error, please do so. If you wish to subjectively pick bones because you disagree with my opinion, or are looking to troll and/or flame, do something positive for world energy conservation: save yourself the trouble and don't bother.
  • I think it's a bit silly to have disclaimers, but some things are probably better spelt out than left unsaid.
  • I am not a lawyer, so have probably not spelt things out well enough :) But I'm going to stop (well) before I reach the level of including disclaimers for knives warning people to be careful of the sharp edge...
  • I have a tendency to ramble.

[1] I welcome contributions towards addressing these hurdles :) (though I'm not quite sure how you would go about giving me more time!) ** Update late 2007 ** I am now married, so can't really say I struggle to find company anymore... but the more the merrier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relevant and constructive comments are welcome. However I reserve the right to delete without notice or explanation anything I feel does not belong, and all such decisions are subject to my absolute discretion.